Sunday, July 02, 2006

Ironic Indy!

I watched the US Grand Prix from Indianapolis today and was quite surprised by the almost irony taken out from last year. In case you've been living under a rock, the USGP had some issues with the Michelin tires thus causing 7 of the 10 teams (14 out of 20 cars) to not race at all, leaving Ferrari, Jordan and Minardi to race. This year, After the first turn, a 7 car pileup occurred, leaving 15 cars to race, minus a few that returned to the garage because they weren't able to race anymore, leaving only 9 cars to finish. Ferrari finished 1 and 2 this year, like last year with a subpar driver, Giancarlo Fisichella for Renault (He's just not a good driver), taking third place.

Back to the crash though, man, what a crash! Something about crashes is quite mesmerizing, but I'm also very glad that everyone involved walked away. I realized something was wrong when I saw Nick Heidfeld for BMW Sauber flip over when the camera was focusing on the first turn, and then everything came together. Anyhow, as a McLaren-Mercedes fan, I was quite saddened that both Kimi Raikkonen (BEST DRIVER EVER!) and Juan Pablo Montoya crashed in that pileup as well, but life goes on. I'm not too disappointed that they couldn't compete, I was simply saddened to see 2 beautiful cars retire from the race (The McLarens are just beautiful!). Anyhow, life goes on and my life doesn't revolve around F1 racing. I have a course starting in 2 days, so I'm preparing for that, unfortunately, but what the heck, it should be fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home