Thursday, November 13, 2008

Debt, debt and even more debt

So much is in the news about debt, plummeting markets, big powerful corporations going to the cleaners, etc. There's a credit crisis because banks and predatory lenders aggressively gave those who couldn't afford the American Dream of a house in suburbs, two cars in the driveway and much more. They couldn't afford it and with the interest rates so high, they will be paying interest with no end in sight.

As a result, it's snowballed into the rest of the economy. This is a very simplistic view of looking at this economic crisis.

I can see how bad this economy is. I'm finishing university in approximately 32 days from the date of writing and the prospects of getting a job here is bleak at best.

Luckily, I'm not on any student loans because my parents have helped and I worked over the course of my university career so I'm not in too much trouble just yet.

But, at the same time, I really want to have a meaningful job. Working with the people at the Red Bull Air Race is awesome, but I doubt I'm qualified as a reporter with them because this is just a hobby.

The irony of that above statement is that a fellow named Harold told me that you're a journalist if you can tell a story, you don't need a degree to prove that.

Anyhow, back to debt. I feel for my friends. They are all knee-deep in loans and looking to pay it off by getting a job. But with an economy that's in shambles, how will they be able to?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home