Saturday, February 03, 2007

Fireballin', Jetsettin', and just all round interest...

Fireball. If you're not at U of T, then it sounds horrendous and something out of a 9/11 conspiracy theory. If you are at U of T, it's something that's even more magical than prom and all your semi-formals combined (I had the flu for my prom, so no prommin' for me!). I was supposed to go to Fireball tonight, but I'm not going. Why? Because when I checked my schedule after buying my tickets in January, I was filled up to the brim, and thusly, had to cancel my plans to go. I sold the tickets quietly, mainly because there would be a few people after me. In first year, I was too immature (And many of my friends still say I am!); in second year, there was a party with the Liberal Party (And it was free!); and this year, I have so much stuff to do, that I can't go. I hope that fourth year will be nice to me...

Apart from the Fireball, there is the trip to Europe! I'm going, at last! Yesterday, I went to the travel agency and put down my deposit on my trip, which'll take place May 19th-June 9th. If you happen to be in France, Monaco, Italy, Germany, Liechtenstein, Amsterdam and some other places that can't come to mind right now, send me a line, and if you happen to be on the Mirabeau, Piscine or Rascasse turns of the Monaco Grand Prix, CALL ME ASAP!!!!

Now, currently going on with my jetsetting project which I last went on in December, one of my destinations to visit is the Vatican City. Home of all Catholicism, and where Latin is STILL an official language! I would love to visit the St. Peter's Basilica (and do it while hiding my sexuality!) as well as the Sistine Chapel and the many museums there. I would also love to go to an ATM and get service in Latin! Even though it is the smallest country in the world, statistics show that Vatican City has the highest crime rate in the world, mainly through pickpocketing and exorbitant pricing of souvenirs! In that case, my wallet is close to my heart, as is my camera! The leader of the Vatican is also the Bishop of Rome, who is also one of the only citizens of the Vatican and finally, is the Pope. Currently, the Italian city state is being run by a German named Benedict XVI. I don't know about the laws there, but I'm sure that it's a nice place to visit, and I will be looking forward to visiting the Vatican...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home