Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I'm just asking questions...

... and this time, I promise not to bash 9/11 conspiracy theorists! Actually, I'll be talking about something totally different!

I was brought up in an academic setting. Most of the family had university education and most of my cousins now are doctors or something along those lines (Two cousins are graduate surgeons). Naturally, my parents would want me to follow in the direction of going to medical school and becoming "Aghae Doktor", but I have other plans; plans that I think will make me happy in life.

I'll be the first to admit that my current GPA is not good conversation, unless you happen to be my worst enemy, and my personality in general is rather lazy. But, I can't stand people, whom I think are better qualified than me in many respects, put me as a benchmark of perfection. I overheard someone saying to his friend in a study group that "we should be better than Sheiban." Fine, whatever.

I think with people who compete with me, they only see the way I manage to organize my notes and other things. I guess they make the association that organization=good marks. I don't believe that and if you happen to read this, please note that Sheiban is not that amazing! He has a mediocre GPA and he's in a library writing on his blog instead of studying, and yes, I'm failing psychology!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home