Saturday, July 15, 2006

Meeting with F1 history, and the rest!

Where can I start? Oh dear oh dear, where can I start? Firstly, I work at the bookroom at the University of Toronto. What we do is we take donations of books, sort them, price them, and sell them at the big book sale in October. One of the pricers is a former French prof. I got to know her a bit since she has trouble writing the prices of books, so she asks me to write them while she tells me. She started telling me about the 1950's when she was in University herself and living in France as well. As it turned out, she was a big motorsport fan, and was able to try out for the Renault Formula 1 team of the 1950's, which they had a different name, to which I cannot remember. Anyhow, she drove in an F1 car and described it to me as the most 'exhilirating ride of my life'. She told me that she would have been accepted into the team, had she not been a woman, since it costs alot of money to train a driver. Hiring a woman would have been a bad move since she could only race for a little while and then raise a family. She was heartbroken, and couldn't race.

Anyhow, it has been a dull couple of days, apart from that meeting with history. I have been busy, and I will have to be choosing courses for next year on Monday. Anyhow, from what I've heard, the system to register (better known as ROSI) is actually much better than last year and you won't stall as well! I can only imagine how great it is. Actually, I can't!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home