Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The increasing shrinking of the Gender gap

THANK YOU GOD!!!!! Racing isn't exactly what you would call a sausage fest anymore! In these days of women's rights and the feminazi occupation of all things masculine, except for the stand up urinal, racing was widely believed, mainly by both sexes, that it was a fraternal organization, and not the usual matriarchy of 'female' sports such as croquet, synchronized swimming and dish washing (I'm totally going to get slapped for that last one)*! But, there are those that are asking "Sheiban, why are you GLAD that racing isn't a fraternity?". I put it this way, I'm Sheiban, 'nuff said. It's not exactly easy for me to find a person of the opposite sex who likes things that I like, such as automotive racing (Of mainly European and International leagues. I stay clear of North America when it comes to racing, unless it's the ALMS, but that's really not American in the first place), writing blogs, going for long walks on the beach, watching movies together on rainy days, going out at night, and all that other stuff that women claim to like, and yet it doesn't bother me. But, today, I met a lovely lady at St. Mike's who was so into F1, but hadn't a clue who Fernando Alonso, Kimi Raikkonen, Pedro de la Rosa or Michael Schumacher were. Still though, it's a start, and she also thought that Toro Rosso had a nice looking car. You're entitled to your opinions, I'm not going to say anything about that. I think I can safely conclude that there ARE women who are into auto racing, and the sophisticated and more technical type, than one might think, and they're also NOT engineers!

Now, when it comes to women, I used to hastily jump to conclusions when I met a 'perfect match'. If you're one of those who is reading this and was part of my early thoughts that you're the one (and I mean this in the most innocent way), well, I have reformed and letting this so called faith take control, not that I have much faith in it to begin with! However, with this lack of faith to begin with, I'm NOT AT ALL bothered because I would rather see the world and make my mark rather than having a woman fall into my arms, not that there's anything wrong with having a woman fall into your arms, unless you trip her! It's just me, and I can't help being me. I think women are the essence of our world, and they are indeed the bearers and beginners of life.

So, why should women be excluded from certain things? I think they choose to exclude themselves from these things because of societal pressures to be 'proper' women. I'm happy that in this world, there are many, many women that break away from these barriers of society such as housewifing (It's not a term, but it works), male sexing (Use your imagination and don't think of anything dirty while you're at it!), child rearing (That's the only proper term I have), and MRStering in university or college. Either way, good job to all the women on the planet, now you have something better to do rather than sit around and look beautiful all day, which was a perk, but is just not working anymore these days!


*I'm a part time chauvinist, for the record. It's not in me to be chauvinistic, it's society, or, if you're from South Park, BLAME CANADA!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY SHEIBAN.
I like racing too!!!! But all I know is that the cars go very fast, and I like driving like a banshee. So much fun!!
Anyway, hell yeah, women are essential, blah blah blah. We give birth (fuck man, that must hurt like a bitch) but I regard it as parasitism. Or at most a symbiosis if I feel like being nice.
And screw being a "proper" woman as dictated by society, I do whatever I want to do. If people are opposed to that, well, this is when I get very vulgar, so I won't say it. LOL. Back in the day, when I read about women just staying at home and making babies and whatever, I think to myself, omg what pussies. Fucking do something. So yeah, I agree with you.
Anyway, this is coming from a girl who was basically raised like one of the mountain-boys. Whatever.

12:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home