Sunday, August 06, 2006

Congratulations Jenson!

Haven't posted here in nearly 2 weeks! I'll start off by saying that this weekend is a long weekend here in Canada so I don't have to get up early in the morning tomorrow, luckily! I have an exam later this week, so I'm hoping to make a big dent in that, and then I can enjoy one solid month of summer (August 11-September 11!).

I woke up early this morning to watch the F1 from Hungary and was hoping to see Kimi Raikkonen win it all! Unfortunately, he crashed about halfway through. What got me happy though was seeing both Renaults out of the race with Fisichella having problems and the same with Alonso. I was thinking that this was going to be a very close championship with Schumacher against Alonso, if he were to win it. However, there was an amazing pass on Schumacher by Pedro de la Rosa of McLaren Mercedes (YAY!!) and eventually another pass with Nick Heidfeld of BMW and Jenson Button of Honda inheriting the lead after Alonso's shunt. The Ferrari of Michael Schumacher eventually retired after he had steering problems, so that meant that Ferrari really took home nothing from this race. However, Jenson Button's first EVER win as an F1 driver in 113 races was the real highlight. This was the first time in over 3 years that a Brit won an F1 race, even though Formula 1 is a primarily British sport since most of the teams have their facilities located in the UK.

I have to say, Jenson really deserved the win he got and the smile on his face was that of a genuine winner! I'm glad he won.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home