Wednesday, September 20, 2006

It's official! Dylan Avery, you're an idiot, and a big one at that!

I'm back, for no real reason. I'm still under the weather, but on the rebound. However, in my life, I have many likes and dislikes. I have many likes that I don't think about and don't really care about either because they are just the way they should be. Now, I have things that I don't like, and there aren't many things that I hate, because in a world of suspicion and hatred, why can't just one of us be blissful? I don't like to dislike people, and I don't like to hate people either, but everybody has different opinions and some people just can't tell their arse from their elbow. One of those people whom I have no respect for is a fellow, about my age, from Albany, New York, by the name of Dylan Avery.

In case you've been living under a rock (And there are a few that are), Dylan Avery wrote, directed and narrated a documentary called "Loose Change". It was a film about the Sept. 11th attacks. There are many documentaries that have that as their pretext so I see no problem. The film said that the US government orchestrated the attacks of 9/11 in order to go to war with Afghanistan and Iraq. OK, my ears are burning for more info to be sent this way. I know that the US government is fraught with overthrowing foreign governments in favour of more Washington-friendly people, so this grabs my attention. I'm going to watch this movie.

So, one beautiful spring day, I sit down and watch the film. OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY!!!! I'm burning with rage! The US government did something like this and the evidence is there. I talk to a few of my friends about this and tell them how the US government could have orchestrated such a thing. They shake me to my senses and tell me to go over the facts again. I go back to my handy dandy computer and do some more reading.

I start off with Popular Mechanics, a notable pop-engineering magazine. I see that there are some holes in what Loose Change says about the collapse of the trade centers. Still though, that's 1 fact that they might have messed up, no biggie, we all make mistakes. I see another mistake, and another mistake after that, and some more mistakes. Dylan Avery, the writer, director and narrator of Loose Change says that he's spreading the truth, but all these mistakes at the same time? I think we can safely say that he's just attention whoring by the 3rd minute of the film. Even science, which is the best litmus paper test of our time says that Dylan Avery isn't telling the truth.

I'm not upset that Dylan Avery played me (Which I made it so easy for him), and plays many others still. I'm upset that Dylan Avery and the rest of the Loose Change people haven't looked at all the facts. With information being so freely available, how come you don't go on Google and search for the truth. Scholarly journals are more available to the general public today than at any point in history, yet you go to the one journal which has 9/11 deniers as the peer-reviewers (I can't remember the name of the journal off the top of my head).

Dylan Avery definetely made the rounds in the news media after the film. After doing the research and watching him speak, I realized that he had the same personality as an uneducated person. The way he spoke during interviews showed the type of person he was. When he was speaking without a script, you could see and hear how naive and uneducated he sounded. This is the person that everyone believes as the truth seeker of 9/11? It's really sad.

You can go ahead and call me a NeoCon, and I'll tell you that I'm anything but. I am vehemently opposed to Bush's policies and was actually smiling when Hugo Chavez called him 'el Diablo' today at the UN. That's me, see you on the other side of next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home