Monday, September 18, 2006

Religion, racing and I'm sick :(

I'm back, for no real reason. Firstly, I'm pissed! Pissed off at the fact that people don't accept the Pope's apology for the words he said regarding Islam. Many Muslims accepted the apology, but the American media make it look like his apology fell on deaf ears. The extremist Muslims of the world are turning into extremist Jews of the world after Prince Harry's Nazi costume debacle. Religion is merely the foundation to curb our fears of death with promises of the afterlife and to make us better people. Yet, it is the one thing that is supposed to bring love and peace in this world of ours, yet it does the exact opposite. More people have died in wars in the name of religion rather than wars in the name of politics and the right way of life. Either way, this makes the world a worse place to live and since I'm a westernized Muslim, things could get worse for me.

Now, in the world of F1 racing, a sport where Nike doesn't have sponsorship and is the richest and most advanced sport in the world, the great Michael Schumacher retired from F1 racing. However, much to my chagrin, the man to take his place would be Kimi Raikkonen, the Flying Finn. Kimi Raikkonen is a good driver, but I wish he could've stayed at the Mercedes Benz racing team (That'll be the name next year) for one more year so that he could race alongside Fernando Alonso so that we could see whose really the better driver. Seriously though, Kimi is the Flying Finn regardless and I'm sure he will do well at Ferrari. Speaking of which, Shell brought over an F1 Ferrari to display at Galbraith and I was there to snap a few photos of it. Here are a few:










Finally, I'm sick :(. That's not cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home