Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Investigation and what we can and cannot investigate!

It's kind of funny. We live in a society which emphasizes free speech and the investigation of our politicians ad nauseum. However, we come under fire when we investigate a group that is non-governmental and maybe even anti-governmental. I'm talking about the 9/11 truth movement. It is a real thorn in my side when I read about them. I'm not a neocon in any manner and I don't support George W. in any way shape or form.

What fascinates me is that so many people start believing what the "truth movement" says and they don't even show the proper story. I find that whenever one of the 'truthers' (What I'll call them from now on) is asked about something, they go nuts and say that we're wrong because they "did their research". However, if they did their research, how come they're not talking about their research? It baffles me that they say that and don't back it up. I also read somewhere that the producers of the film, when they got into a debate with a prominent radio show host, walked out of the studio because the host didn't believe what the film said. The director and writer of the film also said that debating against someone who believes the official story would be "a waste of energy"! If YOU have the stronger evidence, you'd wanna show it right? I don't believe a word these guys say and wouldn't even listen to these people.

If they ever come to Toronto, I would go to watch them speak and then ask some very pressing questions such as, if a missile hit the pentagon, how come my uncle, who worked in a law office across the pentagon, saw a plane on that day hit. You can refute all the claims in 10 minutes, 72 minutes less than it takes to watch this film. It's kind of hard to believe that in this generation, one of the most educated generations, there are people who just don't accept scientific fact and I find it even harder that there are people who are making money off of such a tragedy to hit humanity.

Off to more interesting things, I was able to acquire the chrome Michael Schumacher 7 time world champion model. It came at a stiff price, $200, but it's worth it! It sparkles, shines and makes for a great centrepiece for that F1 collector. I also got Jacques Villeneuve's BMW Sauber, simply because it's the last F1 he drove. It's nice! I have to show you guys my favourite videos I found on YouTube. This first one is a scene from the movie "Dumb and Dumber". If you're not Iranian, it looks pretty straightforward. If you're Iranian, this is a whole new way of looking at things!



This second one is the North Korean version of the Daily Show:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home